Monday, March 12, 2012

Fearful Love: A Poem

Stop calling me boring
    Because now you’re boring me.
Stop telling me I’m unproductive
    Because now I can’t move.
Stop telling me to be all you want me to be,
    Because I can barely get up in the morning because of the confusion.
Stop saying makeup is ugly,
    Because now I feel ugly… and CRAZY confused.

Stop all of it.
Start loving me.
Stop killing.
Start living.
Stop the hatred.
Start touching me
    with your words.

I can’t go on like this.
I can’t even breathe
    Because you are no longer my breath of fresh air.

Touch me with your words
    And I will lovingly give you all you want.
Touch me, and I will touch you back, letting my hand glide over you because you touch me so deeply with your words.

I love you,
But if you can’t understand me, sympathize with me, hold me, then I can’t go on truly loving you.

Women live in a world of makeup and make believe because they can barely obtain it in real life.
Women put a smile on their faces, when really they are drowning in sorrow.
Women fake it until they make it.
Women give man new life, even when women mask their pain with fantasy.
And then when the fantasy fades away, men ask, “Where did you go? You aren’t the women I married.”
And the woman responds, “You killed me with your talk of death.”
And then the man verbally abuses, punches, rapes, dismembers, until she is in a state of submissiveness.
    And the woman responds, “Yes, honey, I love you, always.”

-To all men and women who have hurt me

2 comments:

  1. My parents used to call me ugly cause I would wear shoes or clothes they didn't like. But I stopped letting it get to me...I mean they're just words and people are always saying words...just words. I say that words define you as much as you let them. Even if they call me unjust words...they are just words and I am still me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... that's pretty horrifying to think of your parents saying those things to you... I'd probably just eventually break down, but I've really been finding that my breakdowns in life really are what make me stronger in the long run.

      Delete