Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Youthful Poems

I wrote these poems my senior year of high school (so four years ago).  They are interesting because they reflect my style of writing even now.

Doubt
While I love the way you talk,
I doubt I can trust you to take the walk.
Your devotion for me
May someday leave you feeling un-free.
Like the bodies of the dead run cold,
I am afraid your love for me will grow old.
Our glistening life together will drain out of sun
And you may wish to forevermore freely run.
Eventually you will unshackle your heart
And leave me to depart.

 
Thoughts
My heart leaps up when I behold
Something important to be told.
When an idea comes to morph my thoughts,
It leaves me feeling up in knots.
But when I unearth the answer from a day to night,
I feel alive with delight.


My Lost One
Through the days and nights
My soul wept.
Not for you but for my lost one instead.

While sleeping soundly, I cried from within.
Will I ever find my lost one and when?
I think about all the times I’ve had
And wonder if it was at all worth it in the end.

After some time I decide
You weren’t worth being by my side.
I now know that I need time
To find myself and live without
The fake façade that sparked doubt.


Europe
My heart was like space
Exploring with new taste.
My sight like an infant,
Seeing everything new and bright.
My hearing like a new echo
Filled with fresh sounds.
All these new sights and sounds
Came to fill me up to discover
Its new lands and waters.

  
Always War
War.
Always War.
But what is it for?
Like death, it’s unavoidable.
But why must we fight when we can speak?
Why must we kill to get what we desire?
Do we go to war to do what’s right?
Or is some of it out of spite?
Maybe it’s all a fabrication covering
the light to the truth
To achieve political values and its morals.

Death. Danger. Damage. Destruction.
Is this really what we want?


Wonderful  Darkness
Euphoria is all she feels.

The birds, the trees,
The flowers, and the bees.

Serenity possesses her.

The mind of her sun brightens up her day.

Like the vibrant sky, everything around her intoxicates her with
joy.

Peace. Love. Bliss.

It’s something she will never have to miss.

Anguish is all he feels.

His mind is plagued
With what he made.

Serenity broke away.

The mind of his sun deadens his day.

Like the dead sky, everything around him intoxicates him with gloom.

Darkness. Fear. Hate.

It must be his fate.


The True Light

Life is filled with wonder.
We emerge innocent and naïve.
Everyone struggling to guard
          us and deceive.
A veil rests over our eyes
Covered with deceit and lies.

The veil is crisp
And it always eventually tears and rips.
It lets in the blinding true light
From the midnight sun so bright.

Life is filled with simplicity in the beginning.
Full of smiles and laughter.
Hope and wonder.
Dreams and whispers...

The murmurs of truth
Come to tell us life is uncouth.
Hopes and dreams are left neglect
While hearts are wrecked.
Loved ones go cold
And lies unfold.

Innocence is smothered to a shattering end.

Life is filled with dread.
But we must go on
And forget the mess
To relieve our helpless stress.
We must find hope
To fulfill our dreams and cope
And find our own true light.

No comments:

Post a Comment